Friday, July 1

Up: Used to

In my opinion, this is the best animated movie of all times. I laughed, but I cried a little too. This touching story has this beautiful scene that I used to practice the use of USED TO. It is great for the simple past tense too, but this will come up at a different post. Hope you enjoy it like my students did.





I. Watch the movie segment and check the activities the couple used to do during the years they lived together.




1 ( ) work around the house together


2 ( ) do home improvement


3 ( ) look for object shapes in clouds


4 ( ) swim on the beach


5 ( ) travel around the world


6 ( ) sell balloons


7 ( ) read books together


8 ( ) share the good and bad moments of life


9 ( ) save money for rainy days


10 ( ) go windsurfing


11 ( ) wear different kinds of ties


12 ( ) dance romantically


13 ( ) Be happy


14 ( ) Fight all the time




Answers: Incorrect items - 4, 5, 10, 14



II. Now write the items above using USED TO or DIDN'T USE TO.
Ex:
1. They used to work around the house together.