Watch the movie segment. Pay attention to the activities the characters have performed during that day. Write CH if one of the chipmunks, Alvin, Simon or Theodore, performed the activity, DA if Dave (the man) did it, BO if both Dave and the Chipmunks performed it, and NO if nobody has performed it during the segment.
1. ( ) Watch TV
2. ( ) Open the food cabinet to steal something to eat.
3. ( ) Skate around the kitchen.
4. ( ) Play tennis.
5. ( ) Pour Cheetos into a bowl.
6. ( ) Hide in the kitchen cabinets.
7. ( ) Remove the kitchen utensils from the cabinets.
8. ( ) Throw a jar at Dave's head.
9. ( ) Faint.
10. ( ) Read a book.
11. ( ) Speak English.
12. ( ) Turn on some kitchen appliances.
13. ( ) Throw the chipmunks out of the house.
14. ( ) Try to reenter the house.
15) ( ) Call the police.
16) ( ) Close the window shades.
17) ( ) Sweep the floor.
18) ( ) Stand in the rain.
19) ( ) Sing songs in the garden.
20) ( ) Dance very happily.
Now write sentences using the present perfect sentence. You CANNOT start the sentence with the word "nobody". You may add "already" or "yet" if it's possible.
EX: Dave has watched TV
The chipmunks have opened the food cabinet to steal something to eat.
How to prepare your own video activity:
- Select a scene in which the character's day hasn't finished yet.
- The characters must have performed several different activities during the segment.
- Ask students to identify who performed them.
- Ask students to write sentences using the present perfect tense.
- If you don't let the students begin their sentences with "nobody", the students will be forced to use negative statements with "yet".