Monday, April 11

My Cinematic Alphabet

I've seen this même going around the blogs lately, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Unsurprisingly, picking a favorite for some letters was impossible because of the limited options (X2 was pretty much alone) or because I had so many choices (I actually wasted time stressing over whether to sub Playtime for Phantom of the Paradise, Repulsion or Rio Bravo for The Red Shoes, McCabe & Mrs. Miller for Miami Vice and The Straits of Love and Hate or Sansho the Bailiff for Sweetie). But I went with my gut and I've think I've got a decent range here. I've not repeated any directors, which was surprisingly difficult.


A is for A.I. Artificial Intelligence



B is for Bringing Out the Dead


C is for Chungking Express


D is for Déjà Vu


E is for Evil Dead II


F is for Fearless


G is for Grand Illusion


H is for Hoop Dreams


I is for I Was Born, But...



J is for Jeanne Dielman, 23 Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles


K is for Kill Bill


L is for Lola Montès


M is for Miami Vice


N is for The Night of the Hunter


O is for Only Angels Have Wings


P is for Phantom of the Paradise


Q is for Quiz Show


R is for The Red Shoes


S is for Sweetie


T is for Two or Three Things I Know About Her


U is for An Unmarried Woman


V is for Videodrome


W is for Walkabout


X is for X2: X-Men United


Y is for Yi Yi


Z is for Zodiac