Before you watch the segment:
Take a look at Po and Tai Lung. Then write next to the characters the qualities that best describe them, according to your impressions from the pictures. Make sure you write different adjectives for each of the characters.
This is Po:
This is Tai Lung
FAT STRONG FRIENDLY HEAVY SMART
FUNNY INTELLIGENT TIRED FAST CONFIDENT
LAZY AGGRESSIVE DANGEROUS UGLY QUIET
After watching the segment:
Take a look at your list again and decide if you would like to change your original guesses by writing sentences comparing Po and Tai Lung.
(Po / Funny) Po is funnier than Tai Lung.
(Tai Lung / Strong) Tai Lung is as strong as Po.
(Po) / Fat) Po is fatter than Tai Lung.
(Tai Lung / intelligent) Tai Lung is less intelligent than Po.
How to develop your own activity
- Select a scene in which you can compare two characters
- Choose adjectives that describe the characters
- Prepare a chart for students to fill in with adjectives that describe them
- Select the adjectives you want to assess
- The students write sentences using comparatives