This is a good wholesome movie. I had a fun time watching it. I used this great scene to have students practice contrasting the use of In Case and In Case Of.
The legend of the Tooth Fairy is about a fairy that gives a child money or gifts in exchange for a baby tooth that has fallen out. Children typically place the tooth under their pillow at night. The fairy is said to take the tooth from under the pillow and replace it with money once they have fallen asleep.
A. Read the inventions made for the Tooth Fairy. Look at the invention's name and make a guess about when or why use it. Make sure you complete the sentence with in case and in case of.
Magic Generator Wand:
You may use it in case you need to make someone disappear.
You may use it in case of an emergency.
1. Invisibility Spray
You may use it in case __________________
You may use it in case of ________________
2. Shrinking Paste
You may use it in case _____________
You may use it in case of ___________
3. Dog Bark Mints
You may use it in case ______________
You may use it in case of ______________
4. Amnesia Dust
You may use it in case ________________
You may use it in case of _______________
B. Now watch the movie segment and complete the sentences, using the information in the segment.
1. I would use the invisible spray in case ____________
2.You may use the shrinking paste in case _____________
3. You may use the dog barks mint in case of _______________
4. You may use amnesia dust in case _______________
MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - TOOTH FAIRY
1. you don't want anybody to see you.
2. you want to shrink 6 inches
3. attacks of cats, mailmen, dogs that come after you.
4. you want the kid to forget everything for the last few seconds