Watch the video segment and choose the adjectives from the list below that best
describe the following characters and write them under the characters' pictures.
Adventurous Funny Short Beautiful
Aggressive Chubby Brilliant Ugly
Crazy Elegant Tall Intelligent
Clumsy Strong Ridiculous Hot
Now write sentences using the superlative form of the adjectives:
(Adventurous) – Alex is the most adventurous of all.
(Funny) – Dylan is the funniest of all.
How to prepare your own video activity:
Grammar Goal: Assessing Superlatives
- Select a scene in which you can compare several people
- Choose adjectives that describe the characters
- Prepare a chart for students to fill in with adjectives that describe the main characters
- Select the adjectives you want to assess
- The students write sentences using superlatives